G2 Software Systems, Inc. (G2) is looking for a self-directed and motivated individual as Mid-Level Engineer, Open Systems Architecture Standards in support of a DoD program in Aberdeen, MD.
The ideal candidate should have five (5) or more years of combined experience with a DoD program office in two or more of the following areas:
- Software Communications Architecture (SCA) and Application Programming Interfaces development
- Technical review and critique of software specifications, designs, and implementations in the development stage. Performance of this requirement shall require demonstrated experience and expertise in Object Oriented software analysis and design, such tools as Enterprise Architect, programming skills in C, C++, and/or Java, as well as languages such as XML, UML, IDL, and UDL. Furthermore, expertise in software component technology, CORBA, distributed processing, and model driven architectures are required.
- Total software development processes and software quality engineering, especially software portability, performance, application programming interfaces (API), and software reuse
Other desired knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience are:
- Open Mission Systems (OMS) and Unmanned Airborne Systems (UAS) Command and Control Initiative (UCI) standards
- Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Control Segment (UCS) Architecture
- Vehicle Integration for C4ISR/EW Interoperability (VICTORY) specification
- Tactical Secure Voice Cryptographic Interoperability Specification (TSVCIS)
- REDHAWK Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Knowledge of communication system interfaces, waveforms and DoDI 4630.09
- Defensive cyber software technology
- Master of Science degree from an accredited college or university in applied science, computing, engineering, mathematics, management information systems, or other related engineering or computer science discipline
- Definition, specification and design of complex communication systems
- System Design Review
- Defense Acquisition Engineering Training
- Able to process concurrent tasks and work with other team members to accomplish larger or complex tasks
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms at all levels of the organization and at similar levels outside the organization
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Our positions require an individual to be a US citizen and have an active DoD clearance.