G2 Software has an exciting opportunity for a systems administrator to join our team in San Diego, CA.
This position involves managing and maintaining Windows 2008R2/2012 servers that host a variety of enterprise level software applications such as SharePoint and SQL Server, and requires a strong familiarity with virtualization technologies such as VMWare. The position will also require familiarity with Domain Controllers, Active Directory, and F5 appliances. Tasks will include:
- Maintaining servers to keep up with security vulnerabilities and patches
- Applying cyber security best practices
- Installing upgrades to hosted application software
- Troubleshooting server/network problems directly related to servers being managed.
We are looking for candidates that are very comfortable in a Windows environment and looking to expand that knowledge. A candidate will have an understanding of managing Windows servers in a DoD environment.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with degree in business, accounting, sciences, or contracts.
Functional and Desired Requirements:
Strong understanding of Windows Server Operating Systems is required, and professional certification qualifying the candidate for IAT 2 systems administrator status is required. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the following required skills:
- Experience with F5 appliances
- Experience with VMWare/ESXi
- HBSS, WSUS, ACAS scans, DISA STIGs, IAVA/IAVB/IAVM
- Experience managing/maintaining SharePoint servers
- Experience managing/maintaining MS SQL severs
- IAT2 certified (Security+, Windows Server certifications, or equiv.)
- Networking, storage, and backup knowledge
- Experience with Domain Controllers/Active Directory
Our positions require an individual to be a US citizen and either have or be able to obtain and retain a DoD clearance.